HOW TO MAKE a garlic sausage brioche?
This stuffed brioche is inspired by a classic of French cuisine: the sweet and fluffy texture of the fresh baked brioche finds an unexpected balance with savory garlic sausage. Delicious with a green salad for lunch or as an appetizer !
- 5 cups (500g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon (50g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon (10g) active-dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 0.8 cup (190 ml) warm milk
- 2 tablespoons (30g) softened butter
- Fabrique Délices garlic sausage
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Combine milk, sugar and yeast in a large bowl, or the bowl of a free-standing mixer and. Mix for 5 minutes until the mixture is creamy and start to froth.
2. Add the egg and beat well until it’s completely incorporated and the mixture is light and creamy.
3. Slowly add the flour and salt while mixing until the flour has been incorporated. Knead for one minute more.
4. Slowly add butter and knead for another 3 minutes. The dough will begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Remove and transfer into a buttered bowl. Cover with clingwrap and allow to rise for 2 hours.
5. Place into the refrigerator and allow to stand overnight.
6. The next day, remove the dough from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Separate the dough into 2 equal parts.
7. Line the bottom of a buttered loaf pan with one part of dough. Place the garlic sausage on top (skin removed), then cover with the second part of dough.
8. Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for another 2 hours. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
9. Brush the brioche loaf with a beaten egg. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
EAT WELL 101 / Nina L. Palmer / Photography On Mange